Friday, March 9, 2007

Notes in my... tea?

As many of you know, I am in training for the Flora London Marathon, scheduled for April 22. My long distance running partner and best friend, Julie and I agree that this has been our best training so far (this is our fourth marathon). Diligently following our Hal Higdon Novice Marathon Training Guide, we are currently in the hardest part of training, logging in 30-40 miles a week.

While I feel good about the training, I’ve become victim to some a disturbing side effect… (deep breath) I can no longer stomach coffee. I CAN NO LONGER STOMACH COFFEE!! Coffee!! Coffee. My sidekick. My crutch. My muse. My Linus’ Blanket. Indefatigable. Bold. Strong. Gone. All, gone. Sure, Green Tea is great, and healthier, won’t stain my teeth, blah blah. But c’mon…

How am I supposed to write without coffee???

No comments: