Monday, September 10, 2007

Giant Steps



Actually, the trail is called the Giant Staircase, and for any hiker's out there, I highly recommend this nearby hike. Amanda and I met at the W. 178 bus depot, hopped a bus over the GW Bridge and up the into the Palisades, where we disembarked at the NJ/NY state line. The whole trip took maybe 4 hours, the hike was shady and challenging, offering beautiful views of the Hudson and a much needed break from the city.

Here are a view pics to tempt you...





2 comments:

Unknown said...

those pics are really nice!! looks like you guys had fun. were those rocks difficult to climb over? I just know I would have ended up with a piece of one of them embedded in leg if it had been me hiking with you guys.

D0nnaTr0y said...

LOL, Red! I won't lie and say I didn't think of you and your sprained ankle at Hanging Rock while we were climbing!

None of the rocks were that difficult; they were all spaced quite nicely for good hand and foot holds, and the majority of them were stable. It was a good time!